This is one of the best meals I’ve ever had, hence why it’s in my favorites collection. It’s quick, easy, and absolutely delicious. I promise.
The recipe is for a HUGE batch (and I’m not exaggerating) so if you don’t have a lot of mouths to feed simply cut all the ingredients in half.
1–2 lbs ground beef
1 lb Velveeta cheese (the big rectangular block. Off brand is the exact same)
1 onion, chopped
2 cans pinto beans, drained
2 cans Rotel tomatoes (choose your spiciness level; you can either drain all the juice, half the juice, or none of the juice. It all depends on how soupy you want your beef & bean soup; off brand is also fine)
2 cans chili without beans
2 cans diced tomatoes (if you’re not a fan of canned &/or cooked tomatoes feel free to eliminate this step. Personally I just use 1 can. Again with deciding your level of juice)
1 cup sour cream (I usually buy the smallest container & use half of it. Another personal preference ingredient.)
Tortilla chips (regular, scoops, Fritos, Doritos…whatever you prefer)
1) Brown your beef & chopped onions in a skillet, then drain well.
2) While your meat & onions are cooking open all the canned ingredients, do whatever draining you’re going to do, and combine them all in a big ole’ pot.
3) Add the meat & onions. Stir it up & heat up for a minute. While it’s heating up, cube the entire block of Velveeta.
4) Once your Velveeta is cubed add it to the pot. Occasionally stir so it doesn’t stick to the pot.
5) When all of the cheese is melted completely, add the sour cream & stir well. Give it a minute to heat back up & serve in bowls with the chips on the side.
6) Dip your chips, eat with your spoon, don’t dribble on your shirt. 😉
Leave feedback!! I wanna know your thoughts. 🙂